Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gratitude

Have you heard of the saying "Attitude of Gratitude"? It's harder than it seems. But it is a necessary part of staying sane and peaceful. Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time of gratitude-a time where we say thanks for all that we have. Well, I forgot. We spent time with relatives, got holiday pictures taken, had a birthday party and so on and so on. So I forgot to thank God for all that He has given me. It is all from Him. All that I have comes from Him.

So, here is my gratitude list (try making your own, it will feel good).
I am grateful for:
1. My health-I have issues but I am alive!
2. My kids-they are so cute!
3. My husband-he loves me more than I deserve.
4. Our house-it is warm and dry
5. My husband's job-in this economy, we are lucky
6. The food in our refrigerator
7. Our church family-I feel so blessed
8. AA and my sobriety and my husband's sobriety
9. My sponspor and her guidance
10. Jesus

Here's one of my kid's favorite movies about this:
Veggie Tales Madame Blueberry with the song "A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart"

Here's one of my favorite verses from the Bible:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Here's a song that might inspire you:
Forever by Chris Tomlin (pay particular attention to the first verse)

3 comments:

  1. I love that verse! Have you heard it on Seeds Family Worship? It's on youtube. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tish! Looks like a great list. Are you the one whom I owe photos from the airport fire station, BTW?

    We don't have cable but when I get a chance I love to catch Top Chef or Project Runway too.

    Just one thing, if you can forgive some unsolicited advice -- the yellow font is a little tough to read.

    Feel free to visit me too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tish,
    I was happy to hear you are starting a blog. I hope you and your kids (yes, they are cute indeed) are doing well and you are having a good year of homeschooling.
    --Amy & Bea

    ReplyDelete