Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where to start...

I am not one of those people who are always happy. I don't always have a smile on my face. I can't seem to get past some things. I feel overwhelmed a lot. I am usually lost in thought and have a blank expression on my face. I tend to stress and let the stress show. Although you might not know because I usually say I am fine. My family knows though because unfortunately they bear the brunt of my frustration. I am not proud to say it but I am a yeller.

I tell you all of these things so that you might not feel alone if you do these things too. I know that it sounds pretty depressing and sometimes it can be...

BUT...

I also know that God is always with me. I can ask Him to remove my fear. So I pray that he take away whatever it is I am scared of AND turn my attention to helping someone else. It can be helping my child with their schoolwork, calling a friend I know is having a hard time, volunteering at church, donating something to a homeless person on the corner or many other things. This part takes my mind off myself and my troubles. Plus it gives God a chance to work on me. Nice!

Here's one of my favorite verses from the Bible that applies:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11(NIV)

Here's one of my favorite lines about this subject from the big book Of Alcoholics Anonymous:
"We ask Him to remove our fear and direct our attention to what He would have us be." page 68

Here's one of my favorite songs that might help if you can relate to this post:
All In(Letting Go) by tobyMac from the album portable sounds






No comments:

Post a Comment