Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tis the Season...

I love the holidays. I really do! I get all caught up in the magic of Christmas and the gratitude of Thanksgiving. With 3 kids, we try to make it as special as possible. We decorate, make cookies, play Christmas carols, drive around and look at lights, go to sing-a-longs, etc. Where we live there is no snow but that's okay we make due with 50's and rain! I want the kids to have great memories when they grow up. I hope they will.

There is one thing...we are BUSY!!! Just this week we had 3 nights of choir practices before our big performance today. And that's on top of another evening at church, an extra meeting at church and a girl scout activity plus our regular schedule. On the one hand I love the busyness but on the other hand, it is tiring. I know, I know, I asked for it --signing the kids up for so much, volunteering so much and wanting to be involved. If it was just the physical stuff we'd be okay. It's the emotional stresses that play the biggest part. The holidays can bring up memories and can bring extra financial worries. This can be overwhelming and difficult.

SO...This is the time of year to celebrate Jesus' birth! That is so important and any way we can celebrate Him is awesome. We aren't always this busy so we do what we can do and let go of the rest. I know that God doesn't give me more than I can handle. I also know that God is my strength and my salvation. I can live one day at a time knowing it's all going to work out in the end. So Merry Christmas! Relax and enjoy!

Here's one of my favorite verses from the Bible that applies:
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13 (New American Standard Bible)

Here's one of my favorite songs that may help with this:
God is Good All the Time by Don Moen

No comments:

Post a Comment