Monday, February 27, 2012

Meditate for 20 minutes?

We were asked to read Psalm 46 and to meditate for 2o minutes. I was happy with this one because I knew it would be doable. The one glitch is that it was for Sunday morning. That could be tricky with trying to get to church on time.

My husband and I got up at 5:45am so that we might finish before a child woke up. My favorite part of the psalm and what seemed most appropriate to meditate on was "Be still and know that I am God". So that became my words to focus on and to come back to.

Of course I had the same experience I usually have--a million different thoughts in my head bombarding me and taking me away from my center. But I kept at it and right when the timer was about to go off, I heard my little boy's voice call out for me. At least he waited:)

It was a good day and I heard the verse over and over in my head throughout the day. I know that was part of the reason the day went so well. God's word as soon as you wake up and time in quiet stillness. Try it, you might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment