Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Encounter by Stephen Arterburn

In “The Encounter” by Stephen Arterburn, the main character, Jonathan Rush, travels to Alaska in search of information on his mother who abandoned him when he was young. The story takes our reluctant explorer on a trip with many unexpected turns and twists while he also takes a journey in his heart.

I like to read books that keep my interest and that also inspire me. I found this book to be quite entertaining. I could also relate to the main character in many ways. It’s the kind of book that I really enjoy. Jonathan Rush wants to find out about his past but is afraid and a little apprehensive. He knows that what he finds out will most likely change his life but he’s not really sure he wants to change.

Jonathan meets a reporter who wants to interview him but she turns out to be someone who can help him. Erica with her investigative skills helps Jonathan in finding information about his past. They work together to uncover the truth and in the mean time draw closer together.

I liked this book although it was almost too easy. I didn’t feel the depth of emotions that help me to become more personally invested. The idea of forgiveness that is carried throughout the book does appeal to me and I would love to experience that in all my relationships. Overall, I found “The Encounter” to be a book that I am glad that I read and pass along to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment