Sunday, February 26, 2012

Read & Pray to be Others Centered

Yesterday's assignment was to read some passages from Philippians and to pray to be others focused. Another one I thought I could handle. And I did--actually we did. Steve and I read the passages together and then prayed. Done!

Yes, it could be that quick but let's think about it just a little, in retrospect of course.

We read, we prayed, I went about my business. Was I thinking about being others focused all day? No, I wasn't. So I could get down on myself about that or I could look at my day and see how I reacted to others. I was actually a little more patient and didn't get judgemental like I usually do. I let people in front of me and didn't react when people jumped in front of me. You may not think that sounds like much but these are big issues I get all in a unchristian-like tizzy over.

But I didn't do it. God did it. He worked through me. He heard my prayer and helped me (in spite of me) in all these circumstances. I spent some time in His Word and praying to him--And HE answered. It is not in my human power to change myself; I need His help. Thank God I can ask and be heard.

I pray we all ask for God's help in our lives and for His will to be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment