Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Where did the day go?

Here I am at the computer wondering "where did the time go?". I even got up early this morning to spend some time with the Lord before my day started and I thought that would make the day flow smoother and we would get everything done.

One thing lead to another and we have gotten a bunch of stuff done but it's never enough. We probably did more school than we usually do but Math took forever today! I think we could have done another subject had the math been a more manageable amount of time. I guess I learned that it's better to accompany them in doing their math rather than having them do it alone while I'm trying to do laundry!

It's days like these when I realize how much I have on my plate. I haven't really wasted any time today. You know-- I haven't played multiple games of scrabble on the computer, I haven't talked to anyone on the phone, I didn't lay in bed until 7am, I didn't go running around on errands. We did important things--school, chores, laundry, meals, showers & baths. I even cleaned a tub, a sink and a mirror plus cleaned up a small "accident". So in reality I did do a lot. It's all in how you look at it I guess.

Thanks for helping me get some perspective!

Today is the day the Lord has made: rejoice and be glad in it!-Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment