Sunday, May 9, 2010

Being a mother is...

Being a mother is...

Incredibly challenging.
Life changing.
Tiring.
Exciting.
Surprising.
Hard work.
Entertaining.
Rewarding.
Did I say exhausting?
Fun and funny!
Exasperating.
Awesome!

But the thing that I get the most of out of being a mom is the chance to see myself in my children . This can be a good thing and a bad thing.

I'm a yeller so guess what? So are my children.
I'm a whiner so they whine.
I can act a martyr so they act like martyrs sometimes.
I am not the best housekeeper so their rooms are a constant battle.
I am not so disciplined so they balk at being disciplined.
I can be judgemental so I hear judgements come out of their mouths.

But...
I love to read and sometimes we have to tell them to stop reading.
I love animals and so do they.
I have compassion for animals and people and they are very giving and have tender hearts.
I volunteer and help out at church and they love to help also.
I love babies and so they are so sweet with younger kids.

Being a mom is a mixture of happiness and pain, giving and receiving, crying and laughing.
I wouldn't trade a minute of the journey and am looking forward to the adventure that will come in the future.

Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her-Proverbs 31:28

Train a child in a way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it-Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment