Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Money Can't Buy It!!!

Money Can’t Buy It by Annie Lennox
Have you ever heard this song by Annie Lennox? It’s off her CD entitled Diva. It had been a long time but I listened to it the other day. I was impressed by the words. You can listen to it on Spotify. It’s really good loud!  Usually I listen to Chrisitian music but stored in my brain are songs from my past;) It has a surprisingly good message. See what you think…
“Money can’t buy it, sex can’t buy it, drugs can’t buy it, you can’t buy it.” Wow! You might be thinking, buy what? But as I listened to it I thought of that hole inside of our hearts that we try to fill up. As an addict I have tried to fill it with all kinds of things-alcohol, food, shopping (things), relationships, activities, etc and the list goes on.
 “I believe that love alone might do these things for you.” So here might be the solution. But before you get ahead of me…I once had a very wise Bible teacher who repeated over and over that God is love. So that is what I am choosing to believe is the meaning here. Not a love relationship with a human being but a love relationship with God. God loves me and he loves you. He wants us to have a relationship with him! That hole has His name on it!
”All the money in the world can’t buy peace of mind.” This is a tough one for me. I think that if I had more money I could get this or I could do this or I wouldn’t have this problem or I’d be happier or things would be different. Maybe things would be different but I wouldn’t be different. Everywhere I went there I would be. What’s that saying?-Happiness is an inside job.
”You can have it all but you still won’t be satisfied.” It has been pointed out that even if we had more it would never be enough. Would I be satisfied? It appears that no matter what most times I am not satisfied. I want more. More Christmas decorations, more clothes, more shoes, more eating out, more opportunities for the kids, MORE.
”I believe in love alone.” BUT…we can be satisfied in Christ. He is always enough. He can fill our heart. He can fill our soul. He can take away that hole in my heart because He loves me. He loves me with an unfailing love. He is love. Period. To quote another song-“All we need is Love”! Indeed!
My hope for me and my family and for you is that we all realize that the answer is always more of God. The answer to all my longings is God. When we turn to God in times of desire to ask “Is this your will for me?” and we listen, God will answer. When we ask ourselves “Is this decision based on Love or fear?”, we will know the answer. Then we can know the peace that passes all understanding.
Philippians 4:7
King James Version (KJV)
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Psalm 13:5

New International Version (NIV)

But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment