Friday, January 8, 2010

The New Year

Happy New Year! It's 2010!

What a great time to think about the year ahead! What do you want to accomplish this year? What changes would you like to make in yourself? What would you like your life to look like? In what area of your life would you like to grow? It can be overwhelming. Don't get discouraged already!

I am not making any resolutions but I sure would like to make some changes. I am hoping I can take small steps, with God's help, of course, in becoming more of what Jesus wants me to be.

1. Love my neighbor as myself-so I want to love myself more so I can love my neighbor more
2. Forgive so that I may be forgiven-forgive myself so that I can forgive others more easily
3. Do God's will-when I do my will it RARELY works out
4. Be grateful-remember to thank God for all that I have
5. Accept help-ask for help and LET others help

And then there are the littler things...

1. Get organized! Here is where it gets overwhelming-papers, papers, papers...
2. Get healthy-exercise more and eat less sugar
3. Be a better housekeeper-need I say more?
4. Use my time more wisely-less video games, more action

I kind of don't like putting it all down because it looks a little daunting but if I remember I don't have to do it all right this second it's more manageable.

I wish you a happy, healthy, peaceful New Year. May you feel God's presence in all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment