Saturday, October 29, 2011

The holidays are coming!

Hold on to your calendars! The next 2 months are going to fly by like donuts at a police station (no offense)! I can't believe in a few days it will be November. Phew! Wasn't it just 100 degrees outside? Oh, yes it was, as a matter of fact! That is just how it is in Austin--one day it's 100 and the next it's Thanksgiving!

I love this time of year but it is overwhelming. I know everyone has a lot going on with presents to buy, meals to prepare for, parties to attend, houses to decorate (and like the old commercial said) and so on and so on and so on...you get the picture. Anyway, we can all get a little frazzled and stressed out if we let it all get to us.

This year I'm trying something a little different. I have started shopping already and have picked up some things along the way. I do have a lot more to go but at least I have a jump on it. It also helps that I have been out shopping by myself lately. Up until recently I have had 3 helpers with me everywhere I go but not anymore! It's peace and quiet!

I also have been meditating and praying each morning to help maintain my sanity. I need those few moments of quiet time to center myself in the word of God. I need inspiration every morning to get me on the right track. I so enjoy it and I am relying on it to. I think it also reminds me to slow down from the moment I get up.

My calendar is all filled out but there will probably be a few additions. Like now we have decided to travel for Thanksgiving. Hopefully that is one of the last things to be added. I know of a birthday party that one of my girls might be invited to and maybe one for my son. It is kind of fun to have a full schedule especially when they are fun events--birthday parties for our kids, a tree lighting, a symphony sing along, a cookie exchange, a brunch with Santa and all kinds of other things. It's a great time to be happy and full of joy.

I am hoping to be all done with shopping and wrapping by the end of November so we can enjoy December. I really would have liked to be done by November but oh well. Now if only I could get the house cleaned...that's another subject for another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment